Mar 16, 2013
On what I'm reading
Labels:
Book Nook
|
1. Where'd You Go, Bernadette? - Maria Semple
I really enjoy reading this book. At first I thought it's going to be similar to Gone Girl, which I've read before, but it's not. I have to maybe say Gone Girl has a better how-to-be-a-missing-person plot better, but I actually like this book better. Maybe because I did not like how Gone Girl ended.
2. Tell the Wolves I'm Home - Carol Rifka Brunt
I just finished reading this book. I think this is a good book. A little excitement at the end, but the overall book was not boring. I don't know why I waited this long to read it. (I guess because the title was not clear to me....Am I judging a book by its title? Is this allowed?)
3. History of a Pleasure Seeker - Richard Mason
I read the summary of the book, but yet was not sure of what it was about. I enjoy a book in the shorter side. It gets to the point without going around and around. Also, it gave me a glimpse of being in Amsterdam back in the turn of the century. But, it may be too much sex scene. I like it better with more character building.
4. The Round House - Louise Erdrich
The book won an award. I like the story. I also like that it touched on the subject of Indian Reservation, because I am not familiar with that at all. But, I feel that this is one of the book that can be cut shorter. What I'm trying to say is that I really really love The Great Gatsby, Of Mice and Men, and The Sense of an Ending.
5. Will Grayson Will Grayson - John Green + David Levithan
John Green is one of favorite writers. The stories are uniquely told. I don't know how real it is in life, because obviously I did not attend HS in the US.
6. The Paris Wife - Paula McLain
It's a novel which has the facts straight. So, I'm not sure why it can't be just a biography. I'm sure some are exaggerated, but then I found out about Hadley Richardson's life story while married to Ernest Hemingway faster in the internet. Still, I do love me some biography related materials.
7. The Light between Oceans - M. L. Stedman
An OK heartbreaking story for me, but I wouldn't mind reading another of her novels.
8. A discovery of Witches - Deborah Harkness
I did not finish reading this book. I did not pick up the meaning of the title when I started reading it. It's about witches, vampire, and daemon in love. I could not finish it. I can not reading a harlequin type of love story too much.
On to some non-fictions, please....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment