Aug 8, 2013

On Having A Yellow Door

|

To set the mood, I am also currently listening to Tie a yellow ribbon - Tony Orlando song on replay. Oh tie the yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree. It's been three long years, do you still want me..

But, I think that I am actually someone who's afraid of colors. Of bright colors, specifically. I mean, I prefer cloudy/ partly cloudy, remember?

So when we are painting our side garage door (it's on the side, basically nobody will see it except for the neighbor next door), it was weird that I came up with the idea to paint it color! It was just white otherwise. I could see sparks on my husband's eyes when I mentioned it (meaning he liked the idea). But when I said royal/ navy blue color, the sparks were gone (remember how I prefer not so bright color?). I wanted the sparks back badly, also because it means I have a final say on something, so I quickly said, "YELLOW!" and the sparks were back!

He then tried to send me to go get this yellow paint color by myself (because we took the doors of the hinges, so no lock), I had a panic attack. I said I couldn't do it, because I was cursed with choosing a color. I pretended I was crying out loud (or maybe it's because of the baby? Can't tell), so we decided on a range of color, between a screwdriver and a box of marigold seed. The screwdriver was a brighter yellow, while the marigold seed box was a yellow with a hint of orange. We like the color of the box better. I believe this is the fastest time we ever reached a decision together.

So I was off to Home Depot to get the Behr paint. I tried to pick the closest yellow paint, but I couldn't find it! (Cursed) so I asked the guy to color match it with the marigold seed box. I knew that my husband will not agree with that decision. But in my head, I just didn't want to screw it up. Actually, if I put the box right next to the door, the color matches!!

So here it is, a yellow door. We call it the marigold color :)


No comments:

Post a Comment