I read the article somewhere about wearing a different fragrance on your wedding day. That way, if you happen to smell the fragrance that you wore, it would definitely take you back to the memory.* I remember really liking the idea without realizing that it could be difficult to do.
I searched high and low for it, but I want it to be a classic piece for sure. My casual go-to perfume is Stella by Stella McCartney. I so love this perfume. It's not too flowery and not too strong (my nose is not going to cooperate with a strong smelling perfume). Stella perfume has a freshness hint and I like the sexy-overnight smell even more. I won't go as far as describing it since I'm not writing a perfume review. But it's hard to find something else that I strongly like.
Naturally, I want something totally different for the wedding day. Not totally change the personality, but don't smell the same. I went to several places, Dior, Lancome, Burberry, Chanel etc, but could not find any. Thankfully I did not give up. The actual problem is that I was indecisive, I needed that affirmation that whatever it is, it is indeed a nice-smelling perfume. That affirmation would later come from my mother. We went shopping together and visited Chanel. I did not like No. 5. I'm still not sure why it's one of the best selling perfume. I don't like perfume that smells like perfume (i.e. Chanel No. 5 or J'adore Dior). I liked Chanel Allure. But the problem was (this will sound ridiculous) the bottle was not pretty looking (Does this mean I judge a book by it's cover??). Before we moved on, we sprayed Coco Chanel Mademoiselle.
It's so classic without being over the top.
It screams elegance without being boring.
It's sweet without being cutsie.
It has a character without being an attention whore.
Ok, I should stop there. But, hopefully the message is clear; all of the above represents my personalities I feel like a million dollar wearing it without actually having a million dollar.
Now the main message is to tell my friends (esp. Rebecca G. if she ever reads this) and my family or even any brides to be to take the time and find that one perfume that will make you remember that fine wedding day of yours.* It's really worth the effort.
* This is assuming that you do want to remember that day. For myself, as long as there is no 20/20 type of drama, it's good. Those dramas can range from: 'The story of wedding day goes dark as the maid of honor kidnaps the bride as she can not longer hold her feeling of love for the groom' to 'Sad tragedy in weddingville: the parents of the bride reveals that she was adopted and that her real parents are also the groom's parents' )
Hopefully is going to rain soon here in Mad-is-on.


No comments:
Post a Comment