Jul 5, 2012

On getting ready for pregnancy

|
Nope, we are not trying yet.

Mr. and I have not thought too much about it, although he's wondering why I have been looking up day cares around Madison area. I know, we still have a lot going on (i.e. house renovation soon, Mr. to finish his part-time PhD, me getting a job), but I like the idea of getting ready even before trying. I want to know what  to change or what to do to.

I checked out this website http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/features/protect-your-pregnancy-before-you-conceive and I break it down here:
a. Smoking - I don't smoke (check) But I do need to stop that a-glass-of wine-a-day thing.
b. Folic Acid - This is the part where I'm not sure what my daily intake is to begin with. But I remember that I bought one daily women's multivitamin. So, this entry is a reminder that I need to take this multivitamin that contains 400 mcg of folic acid from now :)
c. The two-week rule related to caffeine intake. I'm going to stop drinking soda. Before I got to the US, it's very rarely of me to drink pops. Caffeine intake from coffee? I'm trying to cut back, but I can't promise to stop drinking it, so I'll use the two week rule here.
d. Seafood - Geez. I love me some fish. But I know that the mercury is no good. I'll stop too (by this time, I can only imagine that soft shell crab taste in my mouth). Another thing that it mentions is fume from chemical (cleaning products). This is tricky. I'm the one usually cleaning up the house, so it's not really realistic to ask Mr., is it?
e. Pre-exam check - I am one of those women (if any) who actually have not checked anything related to my womanhood (I did check for STD and stuff, though). Should do it soon?

Now I think this is a weird post. But, good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment