Feb 13, 2012

On what I'm reading

|


What I'm reading:
Rosamond Bernier - Some of My Lives. The first time I knew about this book was when I was reading NPR. I have always liked a memoir, biography, or autobiography type of book. Since it's based on true story (if they're telling the truths, of course), it is very exciting. I read the review of this book there and realized that I had not read anything related to art. I was also impressed (probably 'amused' is the right word) on how many famous people she knew. The life of a socialite has always intrigued me as well. I was thinking to myself, it must be nice to be born to a family with many connections, and such and such. I am about 30% into this book (according to my Kindle) and I like it so far, although I would prefer that she tells the story through time, rather than by categories (She divides her life into categories; music, fashion, etc and from there re-tell the story through time. But sometimes I want to know what's going with her in that year with all aspects. Not sure if what I mean is clear). This book has added to my knowledge more and more about famous art or musical figures (I had probably 0 knowledge previously). It also makes realize that back then, people are nicer and appreciate things more.


No comments:

Post a Comment