Feb 16, 2012

On our little concert adventure

|
That's right. I may sound old now, but who cares. We are going to watch Elton John's concert. He is coming to Madison on March 22nd, 2012. I am sooo excited.

I know Elton John since I was growing up (he doesn't know me, though). My mother is a big fan. Although his music might not be my #1 back in the days (I grew up in the 90s and high school time was early 2000, it was just the mix of pop boybands or early hip-hop), I have always liked him (I have always loved The Beatles, no doubt). My friends from high school would call me weirdo. I mean, in Indonesia, high school time, nobody was a fan of The Beatles or Bee Gees. I'm not trying to judge, some of them might have as well.

So then, fast forward to junior and senior year of college, I was already living in Madison. Different setting, different environment. I got to know and listen to more and more classic rock or just oldies easy listening. My Indonesian friends still judged me (This was the time of hip-hop, etc etc, I still feel it is nowadays). But not my American friends. They appreciated it as well.

Now, I am a fan of Elton John, The Beatles, and every legendary classic rock  musical figures there are. Well, I am still a fan of Third Eye Blind and Blink-182. I have watched 3eb and B-182 in their concerts (I've seen 3eb 3x), but never went to classic rock/pop concert (Wait! I went to see Tom Petty in Summerfest!). So, I was very excited when I heard on the radio that he was coming and have then declared that no matter what, I had to go and see him.

Tickets were on sale last Friday at 10 am. I went to Ticketmaster at 1pm and the cheapest price that I could get was $40, but the seat was the obstructed views. Darn it! I should have known that it would take more effort. So I went to StubHub. Of course, more expensive, but can't do anything else. I was too lazy to look around and the urge was sooo bad. The second and first level was just not affordable anywhere. Eventually, I bought these 2 tickets for section 317 (aligned with the center of the stage, but of course far away). I was a happy puppy :)

Woo Hoo!
Many many kisses,



No comments:

Post a Comment