In order to be able to do so, we have to complete a set of seminars, titled "Real Love, Real Life" and "God's Plan for a Joyful Marriage." And I'm glad to announce it that we've completed it! At the end of each seminar, we received a certificate and we can cut it in half, keep one half for us and give the other half to the parish.
Real Love, Real Life - St. James, Madison, WI
We started at 8:30am. We arrived pretty early and was provided with breakfast snacks. We didn't eat anything, but we grabbed coffee and orange juice. J was dying without his mountain dew. Overall it was a nice experience. The format for each topic was sharing experiences by the leaders, breaking into personal time while answering the questionnaire, and finally getting together with your partner and discussing the answers. I think it means well, though J is hard on expressing his feelings, which is fine. We got done about an hour earlier that what it was supposed to be.
God's Plan for a Joyful Marriage - Bishop O'Connor, Madison, WI
We started at the same time. But this time, we got muffin and bagels :) Oh! and banana! We got apple juice, coffee, andddd....they have the dew! You can imagine how happy J was :)
The same format, but I like the first one better, or maybe I would prefer to take this first, then followed by Real Love, Real Life. I think that way because Real Love, Real Life was more personal, so it would be good if you knew the drill! Bishop O'Connor was a nice place, though! It also has a chapel. The chapel made me think twice why I didn't think of it as a place to get married. I love our church, but I'm afraid that it would feel empty as we're not inviting a lot of people. Three things that I remember:
1. I kept eating the banana. Every time we had a break, I'd grab the banana :p
2. For the last session, we were up by the chapel and talked about their cool umbrella holder that's shaped like an umbrella and we missed the bell! When we're walking back, there was no one! Everybody had gathered back in the room. It was a bit embarrassing as we didn't know how long they'd been there. But, we're not the last!
3. We watched The Hunger Games afterwards :)
![]() |
| Our Certificates :) |


No comments:
Post a Comment