Apr 18, 2012

On having a good memory

|
I don't recall when exactly I started to realize this fact. Growing up, I did not see anything different. At school, I disliked memorizing lines and lines of definition, but I liked reading and memorizing important dates. It sounds silly, I know. In sixth grade,I got a 9.5 out of 10 for my religion class (Although I actually aced every quiz or exam there was, but "only God is perfect 10.") But that was it.

It wasn't until I was in college and meet more people. I emphasize the verb meet because really, they were not in my group of friends, nor were they in the same class. I just met them randomly, a  friend of A, or B, ... or Z whom I bumped into on the street and just started chatting. Or this person that my friend kept telling me in his/ her stories from his/ her class or something like that. The funny thing is that I will always remember those things. I will remember the people and what they said, especially if something "big" happens. I still remember the story about this guy that my friend told me last year and scared her when I recalled that story this year. It's also not always about people, it can be about the setting of a place or what happened along the way.

I don't know about other people's memories. I know that a lot of people have brought it up to me,"How do you know this?" which then I replied, "I was there with you...?" I mean, I like it, but it can make people feel weird sometimes. Another downside is that people tend to tell you the same stories. They don't remember that they've told you this story, so they'd tell you again with the same tone and with almost the same complaints/happiness. Definitely though, I don't need to hear someone bragging about how good she/he was in such and such, with examples of when this and that happened...twice...

My really good friend sent me this link. She said, "This is my advice for you."


Oh! Revenge is on tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment