I am not gonna lie that I may be a bit too late to just find out that you can borrow an ebook for your Kindle through public library. Last Saturday, I opened up a new library card, which made me feel like I accomplished much. Since then, I have been browsing for lots of books and placed a hold on one or two books. The first book that I put a hold on is The Tiger's Wife. Honestly, I already forget why I picked that book, but I can only feel my excitement right now. I am patron 207 out of 212 in line for that book. Gee. So then, I browsed for more books that had less waiting line. I found Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (by: Ransom Riggs). The summary sounds really interesting. Although if I read the reviews by previous readers, none of them really like it a lot. At first, I could not even remember the title. I guess coming from a non-English speaking country, I did not know that Peregrine is a bird's name.Anyway, I can not put my Kindle down (my Kindle name is Lucky Charm). I feel that the book is easy to read and interesting. I like the combination of the pictures and the story. Again though, I am afraid that the book will actually disappoint me. But, right now I am excited to find out about the twists and can't wait until later in the day where I have to proctor an exam and spend 2 hours reading (well, minus if students have any questions)
:)
*Update: April 13th
Yes, I am disappointed at the ending. It was running pretty good, but seriously, it really does look like the author is just writing based on the pictures that could be found. I could be wrong, but that's what I feel like. The writing itself is good. I am just hoping for another ending.
No comments:
Post a Comment