Last week, I sent out our wedding invitations. Sure, parts of me feel relieved. But mostly, that was the first time that I felt that the wedding is coming together. All of these preparations were not bounding. Now that everyone is invited, I feel that I have to make this happen, otherwise.. embarrassment? Anyway, on top that is the feeling that I'm getting every time I open my mailbox. How many replies will I get today? Who are they? What do they want to eat? etc etc. It makes me anxious and excited, in a good way.
Our invitation itself is pretty unique. We did not print it in the US. We printed them in Indonesia. One thing that really struck me was the invitation cost. They were expensive for just a cost of paper. The next thing that made me feel kind of weird was also the fact that the ceremony and the reception invitations are on a separate piece. For me, it was not practical as I am inviting everybody to the reception whom I am inviting to the ceremony as well. I decided to ask my mom to look around invitation shops back home and she found it. She mentioned that I could pick a design and the shop could send me the email and I could approve it online. Then, when I was home in November for a cousin's wedding, we could go to the shop and proof everything.
We decided to go with blue and gold color. The cover was made out of velvet fabric. The printing was embossed. It was pretty. It would cost a million if I were to buy it in the US. But, it costed us less. Although, it would be cheaper if were to invite more people thus printing more. The inside was cool. I drew a map and I manually glued it down at the back of the invite. I also actually created my own RSVP card. Not too hard.
It basically looks like a book. The cover page in front. When you open it, our initials will be there. When you flip the page, a poem by e.e.cummings is on the left side and the information about the wedding itself is on the right. If you flip again, directions are on the left and the map that I glued on is on the right. We put the RSVP at the back as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment