Yesterday was the Chinese New Year. It's the Dragon Year. My year ;)
I did not get to celebrate it with my beloved family and it just did not feel the same. We had no red color decorations hung anywhere in the house or anywhere I went. There was no sweet snacks to make your year full of sweetness nor was there the red envelope with money in it ;)
This year, to make it worse, my mom told us to wear certain color depending on your zodiac year so that this year will be more prosperous yesterday. I got to wear a green color top. It's not Red. It's not Chinese New Year :'(
But, I got to spend an hour skyping with my parents and John got to say 'Gong Xi Fat Cai' to them. It was lovely. It was the most important thing.
Happy Chinese New Year.

No comments:
Post a Comment