Jan 27, 2012

On having karma

|
Alrite! I'm Catholic, but I do believe in karma. At least, I believe the idea that if you do good thing, eventually good thing will happen to you and if you do bad, then bad thing will happen to you. You know, I want to believe that the good will win.

With that being sad, something happened tonight. Fiance and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings. Just a regular boneless wings night. But, I guess we're missing something, because it was packed! It was 6:14 pm when we got there and every table was full. The hostess gave us a pager. It was number 1. She said that it would take 20-25 minutes. So we waited.

About twelve minutes going into the waiting, the pager was vibrating. "Oh wow! That's not too bad" So then, we went to the hostess table and waited for her to come. There, we peeked at the waiting list table and found two names have not been stricken through above us. There was Chuck, next in line to the last one stricken through and there was someone else too. Both had 2 or 3 people in the group. So, I was a bit concerned. But, the lady came and we gave our pager to her (with #1 was clearly marked on it), struck through Chuck, and said, "Alright, Chuck, this way."

I could not stop laughing. And felt bad at the same time. I just could not believe that we got pass her and got a seat. So, right away, I thought, "I'll get the bad karma. I don't know what and when, but it was wrong." I mean, it was funny. I tried to look around to find a man who will fit into the name Chuck, but could not find one. I did not see angry faces. There was this one man who would best fit to "Chuck" image, but he was with 2 other people. I remember clearly when I peeked at the wait list, it was only for 2 people. So then, could not stand the bad feeling, I pretended to go the the bathroom and peeked again at the wait list. The name below Chuck was already crossed too. The group right after us was already seated as well. But our names were still there. God! When I was back at the table, we decided that Chuck may get f*cked because of us.

But, I think we got the bad karma there. Our food order must have lost somewhere, we did not get our food until an hour later. But, we got $5 off because of waiting too long. Not so sure about that ;)

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment