For the immigration purpose, I had to have a physical examination done, including review of my vaccinations and a TB skin test. I had a pretty solid vaccinations record, clearly my mother was very diligent, but now that I'm on my own, you can tell I'm not as diligent. I missed a tetanus booster so I had to get one. It's not a big deal. Except, I had to also get a flu shot, according to the doctor. Oh! I do not like flu shot. I tried one time, because it was freely given during my internship in New York. It awoke my subconscious mind. I started to try to feel everything in my body. I felt every pain in my back and thought, "why am I sick? what's happening now?" In the following 2 or three days, I worried about every sneeze in the morning, about every sore throat that I had everytime I swallowed food (it's not sore throat). I just do not like flu shots.
My TB skin test result was negative. Do you think I would have known if I have tuberculosis? Two hours before me going to the clinic to get the skin test result, I started looking online at pictures of TB skin test positive. I mean, the skin where they injected the fluid would look like a big circular red mark and I think it's supposed to be itchy. I did not have that, but still, you know, I worried about the "What if.." part. But all and all, it was good to know.
Also, I had my first experience with underarm waxing last night. If anybody would like to know why I would try one, is of course related to my wedding day. If I shave in the morning, my armpits will be fine throughout the day, BUT, it will start poking out by evening. I do not want to see myself scratching my armpits while eating my steak (for example). Besides, if I need to shave on the Friday before the big day, I can't shave on the big day, because the growth is just too little, and instead my armpits will be in darker color (the hair is just about to poke out). I was a bit terrified about the pain and if I was going to bleed (Ha!) But, it was good. I would actually recommend it, although I know it means that for some of you who feel the need to shave regularly, you have you let it grow for at least three weeks.
It has been a long Wednesday, but thankfully Revenge was on last night.
Hugs.
No comments:
Post a Comment