Jan 16, 2012

On starting to eat healthier

|
In the middle of planning a wedding, one of every bride's main goal is related to her weight. It's either to lose a few pounds, maintain the weight, or to add a few pounds (I would really like to meet one who actually is planning to do the last case). For me, I would like to maintain my weight, make chubby cheeks thinner (I think that this is an Asian thing. Eating more -> chubbier cheeks), and tone my derriere and arms. I have been diligently going to the gym for the last two weeks (don't judge me!) and try to eat more vegetables and fruits.

However, the more I try to eat properly, I eat junk foods more. The peak was this Saturday. John went to his office to work on his qualifying exam, and I left at the house with Lucky. I cleaned up the house, did some errands to the post office to send out the first half of Save-The-Date cards, went to Wal-Mart to get some groceries, and eventually just watched TV. While doing so, I started eating clementines (I luuurve them!) a lot of them, which I thought was a good and healthy habit. I then started cooking dinner, with intention to wow my future husband and make him happy after a long day working. Well, while waiting for my chili to cook, I inhaled   chips and salsa. This salsa is a Christmas present from John's dad. I continually, without any hesitation, enjoyed that chip and salsa, until I needed to actually stir the food.

Oh, you would think that's the only thing happened. No. I had a sudden very bad stomachache. Very bad. It hurt. a. lot. Probably the last time, a stomach pain was more than what I had last Saturday was when I had my typhoid fever in high school. I think it hurt from my stomach trying to digest everything. But then, I didn't stop there. When John's home, we ate the chili that I made. I mean, it was delicious, but I did not enjoy them. The next thing I did was laying down on the couch in fetal position. It hurt too much, could not even concentrate on watching the new TV drama, The Firm. I tried to just let it be, but eventually I gave up (well, it was like 5 TUMS in between) and I force myself to throw up. Multiple time. This may sound disgusting, but I could taste the chips and salsa (Euw!), not even the chili taste! Eventually, I just tried to sleep on the bed and my stomach kept growling (It was not gassy though, I did not put beans on my chili) and just uncomfortable.

When I woke up this morning, everything's back to  normal. I felt good and was ready to start the day! Anyway, if I can take a lesson form this; Eat less junk food! and please, go to the gym again already (I may count cooking, doing laundry, talking to Rebecca, washing dishes, playing with Lucky on the frozen lake as going to the gym).

The chili I made, according to "It's Chili by George" recipe, without the beans and with the jambalaya rice mix (yes, we mixed them together)

No comments:

Post a Comment